Durbin Rocket Railroad
Time & Location
About the event
Durbin Rocket Railroad
Date: Monday September, 14th
Price: $15 per rider
Lap Riders: (toddlers 3 years old and younger) $0
1) This will be a privately chartered train ride! Only REACH members and Durbin Railroad staff will be on the train.
Use the link below to read more about the Durbin Rocket Railroad:
2) In order to privately charter the train, this event needs 80 paid riders.
3) Lap riders (toddlers 3 years old and younger) are free. If you feel your toddler would be more comfortable sitting in a seat as opposed to your lap-please purchase a paid seat ticket for $15.
4) The train features a car that is “open” (no roof), as well as several cars that are "closed" (covered with a roof, each containing windows). The "closed" train cars seat 130 guests comfortably. The "open" train car is not featured in this seating count. To allow for air circulation during the ride, all windows in the "closed" cars will be opened. To allow for social distancing, our group will only fill the train to 60% capacity.
5) Due to the windows in each "closed" car being open-you may want to bring a jacket if the weather is cool.
6) This is a steam engine train. If anyone in your party is sensitive to loud noise, you may want to bring ear plugs.
7) All train cars (except the open air car) have a roof. This event will be held rain or shine. Refunds will not be issued for rain! Again, the "closed" train cars seat 130 guests comfortably. The "open" air car is not featured in this seating count.
8) Per Durbin Rocket Railroad’s Covid-19 policy: face coverings are REQUIRED when checking in inside our locations and while onboard any of our excursions that featured fully enclosed cars. On our open-air trains, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that all passengers age 2 and older wear face coverings as much as possible throughout the trip.
Use the link below to read the complete Durbin Rocket Railroad’s Covid-19 policy/procedures:
9) Per Durbin Rocket Railroad’s Covid-19 policy: Durbin Rocket Railroad is implementing more rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocols in all public spaces at our various locations and onboard all of our trains, while also limiting the capacity of each train car to 60% to more easily allow for physical distancing.
10) Per Durbin Rocket Railroad’s Covid-19 policy: Additionally, to further ensure the health and safety of all guests and employees, all of our public-facing employees will be wearing face coverings and our ticket agents and store clerks will be assisting you behind newly installed plexiglass barriers.
11) Lastly, IF YOU FEEL SICK, please stay home!
12) The train departs at 2:00 and returns at 4:00. Please plan to board the train no later then 1:30!
After your ride, visit the Rail & Trail Store on Main Street across from the Depot where you will find a large selection of souvenirs, gifts, and T-shirts, along with the famous “Big Scoop” hand-dipped ice cream cone. To allow for social distancing, Durbin will be limiting the amount of people allowed inside our stores at one time, so we ask for your patience.
- Seat Ticket (4 yrs and older)$15$15Sold Out
- Lap Sitter (3 yrs and under)$0$0Sold Out